1. Articles are accepted in two categories –
Short-reads (600 – 1000 words)
Long-reads (1000 – 2000 words)
We advise a strict adherence to word limit. As Albert Einstein once said, “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough”. Try to keep your articles crisp and to the point.
2. Cite all your references in a clear distinctive order. Make sure you have hyperlinked or provided live links to any references you have used in the article.
We prefer sources that can be verified through the web.
3. All views will be considered the author's personal. The portal shall not endorse any of it.
4. If your article is based on unpublished data, provide data & fact sheet separately along with all sources and materials incidental thereof.
Ensure that your charts, figures or any other data diagrams are easily understandable and properly indexed.
5. Avoid using derogatory, vulgar & defamatory language. Your article is liable to be rejected if we find any evidence of such language, and defamatory attacks. Our endeavour is to develop a neutral space for dialogue and discussion.
6. We prefer not to accept articles & opinions on Electoral & party politics, unless the article strictly discusses law, policy or other systemic issues in relation to these themes, which are not in contradiction with our other guidelines.
7. Our goal is to publish editorial, Op-Eds and articles that adheres to the basic discipline of publication in Print and online journals, unless stated otherwise. Refrain from using table-talk language, and double-check your article for literary errors and slang (short for short language) before submitting.
8. If you are a young writer, making your debut, do not be discouraged. We are here to help you. We accept articles from writers of all background. In fact, we believe that some of the best articles come from young new writers with brilliant ideas. We encourage you to reach out to us.
If you are a young student, not above the age of 18 years, please do not hesitate to send us your submissions. If we feel that your idea is interesting we are willing to help you get your message out to the world. Based on the discretion of our Editorial team, we may relax the guidelines on literary discipline for you.
9. Provide your article in .docx format. Use PDF only when you feel charts or figures essential to the piece might get distorted.
Make sure you include a summary of the article (not more than 100 words) in your e-mail.
10. Provide the following information along with your submission – Name, Bio (including your discipline of study or profession, and name of institution you are related to) and current location (name of the city and state).
11. Make sure you use the right images, and thoroughly check on the licence or other liabilities before attaching them to the article. We appreciate your effort if you choose to attach any relevant image for publication of the article.
12. Do not plagiarise. You may be blocked if there is any evidence of plagiarising, including, but not limited to, unattributed use of your own previous articles.
13. At this point of our journey, we are unable to pay for your submissions. We will notify any change in future.
14. For any clarification on the guidelines, reach out to us at email@example.com
15. Give our editorial team a minimum of 48 hours to respond. Rest assured, someone will get back to you.
16. Our copyright Policy
17. The opinions expressed in this publication are those of the authors. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of The Indian Manifesto, its members or the Editorial Board.